UPDATE: We attended Kidtropolis 2016 on Tuesday afternoon. It is always a special treat to be able to spend extra time with Daddy (Husband) during the week and we enjoyed the friendly staff on the DSL trains on the journey to the ExCel Centre, London. This was the 1st Kidtropolis event and it had some definite challenges. I had been pre-warned via Twitter that there was some issues with long lines for several of the activities. My daughter was looking forward to see Paw Patrol (never saw) but otherwise had no expectations. The long lines were mostly focused on Little Pony bus, Nerf, and climbing wall. My daughter was either two young for long queue events or not interested in visiting the Little Pony bus.
Daughter enjoyed having her face painted and making a dream catcher. Little Brother played with the trains at the Bigjigs stand and enjoyed the soft play area. Even though my children did have fun, they could have had these same experiences in our local town centre during half-term events. We were given free tickets to this event but spent close to £60 for trains and dinner at the train station. I probably need to see major changes to event to attend in the future. It was not worth this year the ticket or train costs. I have shared a video of afternoon at Kidtropolis on LadyBug Home YouTube Channel.
Below is a list of just some of the toy brands and activities that are happening over the three days of family fun. Little Ladybug is especially going to love discovering new toys to put on her list for Santa. She is going to enjoy meeting Chase and Marshall from the PAW Patrol. I am sure Little Brother will enjoy the Play-Doh workshop and playing with the items from WOW Toys and Bigjigs Rail.
Just some of the activities, live shows and entertainment that is happening during these three days of family fun:
• Join Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and all their friends aboard the magical My Little Pony Friendship Tour Bus.
• Race your way onto the podium with SCALEXTRIC
• Break world records with Guinness World Records Live
• Step inside the Nerf Vault and test the fire-power of the fastest-shooting Nerf Blasters EVER!
• Challenge your buddies on the 40-Player Minecraft Hub
• Jump & tumble with Parkour Generations
• Enter the 'Family Gaming Zone' with Family Gamer TV
• Broadcast to the nation with Fun Kids Radio
• Check out The Top 20 Toys as voted by children with Toytesters.tv
• Try your gaming skills in the GAMING BUS
• Share your epic art skills with PopJam
• Jump yourself crazy with Springfree Trampoline
• Meet Youtubers Gorgeous Movies and Toys AndMe (they've had over 1 billion views)
• Bring on the MekaMon! Bringing robotics and gaming together. A world first with Reach Robotics
• Conquer the GIANT inflatable assault course
• Challenge Mum & Dad to a round of mini golf
• Take a ride on the miniature train
• Plus MUCH, MUCH more!
The all-inclusive ticket are £13.50 online (£15.50 at the door) and includes admission to all activities, live shows and entertainment. Under 2 years are free. https://www.theticketfactory.com/kidtropolis/online/